Adopt Sanju for a Chance to Win a Free Ecotrip!
For the month of July, every red panda Sanju adoption of $50 or more will be entered into a raffle to win a free ecotrip to Nepal.
Red panda Sanju lives in the Panchthar-Ilam-Taplejung (PIT) corridor in Eastern Nepal, which is home to 25% of Nepal’s red panda population and connects vital protected areas in Nepal and India. Not long ago, red pandas in this region were vulnerable to extinction as environmental awareness among the local people was low and conservation efforts were scarce. Now, thanks to you, it is being established as the world’s first protected area dedicated to red pandas: the PIT Red Panda Protected Forest!
Last year’s raffle raised over $6,400! These funds helped us increase our Forest Guardian team from 54 to 73 members and bolster our community conservation programs in what is the nation’s largest protected forest and the first to be managed by a network of community groups.
Unfortunately, rapid population growth and development are still threatening red pandas and their habitat. Humans continue to populate the PIT Red Panda Protected Forest and poverty and insufficient livelihood options are driving deforestation and over-harvest of forest resources.
We need YOUR HELP in protecting Sanju’s home. All donations will directly support our habitat protection and sustainable livelihood programs in the PIT Red Panda Protected Forest.
Raffle Details & Rules:
- Minimum $50 Sanju adoption = 10 entries for the raffle drawing
- Donors can earn 1 entry for each additional $5 donation, up to a total of 30 entries based on their donation amount (based on a $150 donation)
- Donors who give more than $150 can gift their additional entries to a friend or family member
- All Sanju adoption donations made in July (up to $150) can be applied to the cost of an upcoming ecotrip
- The raffle drawing will take place at 5 PM (Pacific) on Tuesday, July 31st, 2018; all Sanju adoptions received between July 1st through the time of the drawing will qualify.
- The winner will receive a FREE ecotrip to Nepal which includes all food, accommodations and domestic travel during trip dates (International airfare to Nepal is not included).
- The winner can choose from any 2018 trip including Eco Zoo Trips and our NEW Himalayan Red Panda Phototrip.